Newcastle Upon Tyne
Up to £32,000 per annum dependant on examinations taken
You will be responsible for helping clients in the North East and beyond to build better businesses. Our client’s mission is to constantly evolve the role and perception of an Accountant and we are looking for people who are passionate about just that.
As an Accountant, a typical day might include:
- Interacting with clients to obtain information,
- Compliance – Year end accounts, Companies House compliance
- Advise a client on how to move their finance system to the cloud and help to migrate their data
- Meet up with other team members as part of a working group that is tasked with implementing internal strategy
- A day out of the office on an audit
- Give a customer that you know are struggling a call…. just because you know it can be lonely as a business owner sometimes
This role might be for you if:
- You want to be part of a business that has a clear mission and vision
- You like making an impact – one of our key performance indicators is our clients growth
- You enjoy having a large amount of autonomy and flexibility. You will largely be required to manage your own workload
- You enjoy learning, problem solving and thinking outside the box
- You are comfortable challenging colleagues and customers respectfully in order to get the best outcome
- You enjoy being part of a team
- You are results focussed
If we are to evolve the role of an Accountant into an Advisor, development is key. Alongside monthly 1-2-1s, bi-annual performance reviews, detailed created career pathways and your professional exams, you will receive internal and external support to hone your business advisory skills.
Every member of our team is key in executing our exciting yet ambitious growth strategy. Two key ways you would be involved in this:
- Working groups are a key way for us to implement large projects. You will have the opportunity to chair, project manage or plan key projects alongside your team mates.
- You will also attend weekly huddles of which the purpose is to share financial and non-financial performance of the business. Some of our company performance measures are Gross Profit, Net Promoter Score, Gross Value Added and New Clients.
- Be nearing completion of ACCA or ACA qualification – 2 or 3 exams remaining
- Able to adapt to a changing environment, particularly with technology
- Enjoy a fast paced environment